Get organised now!
|Your future self will thank you!|
Hello teacher friends! I hope your summer holidays have been both restful and restorative.
Since it's the beginning of the year, now would be a great time to take advantage of the many organisational tools that SmartRubric offers to help you conquer your marking before it turns into a giant snowball/hamster wheel of doom. But first, some housekeeping:
For those of you who are setting up SmartRubric for the first time, please check out our series of helpful tutorials and videos to help you make the most of your new SmartRubric account:
- How to set up your account and start marking in less than 10 minutes (<-- start with this one)
- How to set up your account - more detail and resources
- How to set up a class
- How to create a smart rubric
- How to feed back to students
Once you have your account set up, you might be interested in some of the more advanced features of SmartRubric. You can find a list of relevant tutorials here.
If you are an old hat at SmartRubric and have set up classes before, you will probably want to roll up your year groups.
Great! Now that that's out of the way, you're probably thinking about the best way get yourself organised for the start of the school year. We've added two new awesome features that will really help:
- New Feature: Multi-Class Assessments - Especially useful for department administrators (but don't overestimate its utility, solo teachers!), you can now create assessments for multiple classes at the same time. That means that you could, for example, line up all of your formal assessments for an entire year group at the same time. An awesome side effect of being able to do this means you can now use the...
- New Feature: Tracker- SmartRubric's (smarter) answer to the Departmental Spreadsheet or Tracker. I hope you love it as much as I do.
|The brand new, all singing, all dancing SmartRubric Tracker|
I wish you all the very best for a smooth and successful start to your school year! I hope SmartRubric can make you smile before Christmas ;)